Sunday, July 17, 2005

Steeping Thoughts

I have struggled many years with being a Witch. With coming to terms with being one. With accepting that I am one.
I have, over the years, been really quite fickle in the spiritual department. My wife likes to refer to any "path" I follow at any given time as the "flavour of the month." You could say that I have essentially ignored the Charge of the Goddess, written by Doreen Valiente those many years ago...

"Know that your seeking and yearnings will avail you not unless you know the mystery,
For if that which you seek you find not within yourself you shall never find it without,
For behold I have been with you from the beginning and I am that which is attained at the end of desire."

A beautiful, inspired piece of writing...much like most of Valiente's work (may she be dwelling blissfully in the Summery Halls and Meadows of Witchdom)...

This is the start of an electronic accounting of one man's treading of the Witch Way. In it I hope to explore the history (both mythical and factual) of Witchcraft. I also hope to write about Witch practices, cultural phenomena, broader religious/spiritual/magickal phenomena, and pretty much anything else that comes to mind.

Blessed Be,
JumpinSpider

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JumpinSpider-
in your posting -Where have all the male Witches gone
please get rid of the comment stating:
hellow im a warlock (male witch)
there isnt as many male witches because we dont walk around wearing black cloths etc.
we keep it to our sealf, atleast i do ...know im making a sperit broom... anyways if anyone has a question, coment, are want to talk "about anything" just message me at ....
i am all so a veary strong physic.
7:37 PM




thank you, blessed be...