Thursday, July 28, 2005

Lavendar Green Magic


From time to time I will post information on popular fiction or music that has been influenced by a positive outlook on Witchcraft.

I have just finished reading this book and I have to say that I am stunned by its simple beauty. I have a feeling that Andre Norton was, like so many other science fiction and fantasy writers, quite simpathetic toward Witches and modern Paganisms in general.

I went to see if she has a web-site and found this link...

http://www.andre-norton.org/

I was a little stunned to see that she has passed away.
Brightest blessings on her journey wherever that may lead.

I will be taking on her WitchWorld series as soon as I can. Maybe after I have explored more of her works in this vein...perhaps "Red Hart Magic". There seems to be an entire series of books aimed at a "young adult" audience. Kind of Harry Potterish long before Harry Potter. Lavender-Green Magic was written and takes place in the early '70's.
Blessed be.

No comments: